Starting a Toolbox
Parent Category: ATC
Last Updated on Friday, 07 September 2012 14:57
Written by Adrian Nicholson
A Tasar Toolbox
So you have bought your Tasar and wonder what are the important things for your ToolBox. Here is a list of a few things to get you started.
- A Toolbox - something that looks impressive, lots of compartments a must
- A variety of Shackles - small, D Type, Point Type.
- A couple of spare plastic washers for the bottom of the mast.
- A pair of Pliers, a Screwdriver and a Philips Head, an adjustable spanner
- A tube of Silicone
- A Tube of Epoxy Resign - for those more serious woops'ies
- A Sharp knife for cutting ropes etc
- A long length of 2 or 3 ml rope.
- A few Saftey pins that go on your rudder or hold the boom onto the mast pin.
- Some Whipping tine - a good skill to learn.
- A roll of Gaffa Tape, and Electrical Tape
- A Permanent Marker Texta
- Some 3/8th mono rivetts and a few small ones
- Some Stainless steel washers
- Some Ribbons/Streamers for your side stays
- A stubbie holder for impromptu after sailing BBQ's
- A small bottle of Shampoo, spare undies and $10 - just in case
That ought to get you started !
As you swap and change bits over it won't be long before your tackle box is full of all sorts of great little things and you too will be plagued with people constantly wanting to borrow stuff.